4-H SC District Winter Enrichment Registration
SC District Winter Enrichment is open to 4-H’ers 13-18. Please read the agenda and breakout session descriptions below and fill out the registration form by Thursday, January 21, 2021.
SCD 4-H Winter Enrichment Agenda, January 30, 2021
10–10:30 a.m. Opening/Welcome/Meeting
10:30–11:15 a.m. Breakout session #1
- The Escape Room
- Painting with Me
- Bloom with Peace
11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Breakout session #2
- Telling Stories Through Picture and Videos
- So You Want to Be An Officer
- Public Speaking
12:15–1 p.m. Closing and Dance Party
Breakout Session Descriptions
1. Escape Room: Sydney Loflin
In this interactive escape room workshop, you will work together to escape the McKimmon Center at NC State University! Will you be able to save 4-H Congress before time runs out? Good luck!
2. Painting With Me: Angela Galloway
Join us to create some colorful memories, to connect with your peers while listening to music. Using a paint by numbers artwork, each participant will self-guide themselves to create their art piece. This is a self-guided activity that is meant to be fun, relaxing, and creative.
- Flat table surface
- Table cloth to protect your table
- Tape for corners of artwork
- Apron or t-shirt to protect clothing
- Paper towel or towel that can be soiled
- Paper plate
- Cup of water
Cost $8.00 and only 10 spots available
3. Bloom with Peace: Angel Uy
Do you want to take a breather? This is a space to talk about how you have been feeling. We’ll go over the importance of self-care and inner peace. What activities have you been doing to have fun? Some people have been crafting or baking cookies. Have you been watching a new show or movie? What are some goals or things that you are looking forward to? Let’s take a quick break together & bloom with peace.
4. Telling Stories Through Pictures and Videos
We use our cell phones, tablets, digital cameras and other electronic recordable devices to capture memories, history and so much more. Storytelling can be used to celebrate someone’s life, their accomplishments, or just to share a message of inspiration. This workshop will show you how to use Adobe Premiere Rush to tell a story using the footage on your devices.
- Download Adobe Premiere Rush app on your iPhone (Apple Store) or Android (Google Play)
- Choose a theme for your video (i.e. holidays, living in COVID-19, balancing school virtually, community service project, family vacation, etc.)
- Upload 20 total files (may be photos or videos)
5. So You Want to Be an Officer: Angel Uy and SCD 4-H Officers
Leadership is important everywhere so that a group of people can work together, achieve goals, and make memories. If you want to be a 4-H officer or want to learn more about an officer’s responsibilities, join us to learn about the experiences of current and former 4-H officers. In this workshop, you can learn more about the wonderful memories made as an officer. This workshop will also go over the duties of an officer.
6. Public Speaking-Presentations Workshop: Jaysa Causby