Fruit Chaat Recipe Demonstration Video
The Fruit Chaat demonstration video showcases an Indian-style sweet and savory snack that is super easy to prepare. You can vary the fruits to your liking and what’s readily available. This recipe is from NC State Extension’s Med Instead of Meds program, which is being jointly conducted now by the FCS Agents in Montgomery and Stanly Counties. If you are interested in participating in an upcoming Med Instead of Meds program, please contact Rhonda Peters (Montgomery County) at email@example.com or Hayley Cowll (Stanly County) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving Size: ¾ cup
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 – 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- Poke holes in the sweet potato and microwave for 5-8 minutes, rotating half way through. Allow to cool, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Combine banana, apple, mango, grapes, and sweet potato in a big mixing bowl.
- Squeeze juice from limes into mixture and toss.
- Mix in the salt, chili powder, and black pepper.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
(Based on 2 limes, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon red chili powder, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper)
- Serving Size: ¾ cup
- Vegetables: ¼ cup
- Fruits: ½ cup
- Calories: 104 calories
- Carbohydrates: 20 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: 0 grams
- Sodium: 211 mg