Baked Zucchini Sticks Recipe Video
Food Hero and Oregon State University provides a wonderful recipe for Baked Zucchini Sticks. This treat can be used as a simple snack or as a side for a regular meal. Remember, the USDA’s Dietary Guidelines recommends that adults eat anywhere between 5 and 13 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Based on a child’s age, gender, and level of physical activity, recommendations range from 1-2 cups of fruit and 1-3 cups of vegetables per day.
In the Baked Zucchini Sticks recipe, our FCS agent discusses the importance of preparing your workspace and recipe, food safety, and handling for fresh produce and raw eggs, knife skills, and preparation. Remember that our local farmer’s market is an excellent place to support our local growers and purchase fresh produce.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon dry Italian herbs
- Cut zucchini into long strips, about 3 inches long.
- Microwave zucchini for about 3 minutes. Pat zucchini sticks dry with a paper towel.
- Mix eggs and water together in a small bowl. Mix cheese, bread crumbs, and herbs together in another small bowl.
- Dip zucchini sticks first into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange zucchini in rows on a metal baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Broil the sticks for about 12-15 minutes, until it reaches 35°F, turning once while cooking.
- Refrigerate leftovers within two hours.