Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe Demonstration
In this Banana Oatmeal Pancake recipe, our FCS agent demonstrates a super easy and delicious alternative to traditional pancakes. This recipe is a great way to use bananas whose peels have started to brown; the riper the banana, the easier to mash and the more flavor they will give the pancakes! Top with peanut butter or chopped nuts if desired. This is a great way to get extra fruit and fiber into your day to improve health. It’s also a fabulous way to include healthy grains in your diet.
We shared this video with our participants in the Med Instead of Meds joint-county virtual program on May 4, 2020. Try it for yourself!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup of old fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup fresh or frozen fruit of your choice (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, bananas, rolled oats, baking powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Batter should be cohesive and without lumps.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet on medium-low heat. Once heated, spoon ¼ cup portions of the batter onto skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides (about 4 minutes on each side).
- Heat fruit in small skillet until warm, stirring occasionally. Serve over pancakes. You can also serve pancakes with chopped nuts or peanut butter on top.
As always, if you have questions or ideas for future videos in any of our Extension program areas, please contact our office. We’d love to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org