4-H Meat Goat Leadership Institute
The Billy Nance Family 4-H Meat Goat Leadership Institute has been established through an endowment given by Mr. and Mrs. Billy Nance. The Nance family feels a strong commitment to the development of our future meat goat industry leaders. They would like to give each youth who is willing to work hard and go the extra mile an opportunity to pursue training in leadership. The Institute is designed to equip young people with the necessary tools needed to become an effective leader. Additionally, youth will be challenged to take the skills acquired at this event and put them into action in their home counties, districts, and at the state and national levels.
When: February 10, 2018
1. Applications are due in the State 4-H Livestock Office by Friday, January 5, 2018. The top eligible applicants will be selected for the Institute. All applicants will be notified by February 1st.
2. Youth ages 10-19 can apply. We will break the group into two sections depending upon age.
3. Cost: FREE, meals, snacks, learning materials will be provided. Youth will only be required to make arrangements for travel to and from the event.
4. Youth completing the institute will be asked to conduct some leadership activities throughout the following year. For example, students may be asked to speak at their local Meat Goat Association meeting, 4-H Club meeting, serve on a committee, conduct a training session, etc.
5. Applications should be mailed to: North Carolina State University Brent Jennings Attn: Meat Goat Leadership Institute Campus Box 7621 Raleigh, NC 27695-7621
6. Contact Brent Jennings if you have any questions: 919/515-4467 (office) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for the application.